Bette Midler's new album is just so perfectly relevant for this site! Not only is she an iconic Diva with a career that spans decades, but her latest release, It's the Girls!, features a selection of cover songs all originally recorded by other females. It's like some kind of Diva Inception, I tells ya!
Take a peak at the track listing below and see if any songs that you love made it on to this LP.
1. Be My Baby - The Ronettes
2. One Fine Day - The Chiffons
3. Bei Mir Bist du Schön - The Andrews Sisters
4. Baby It's You - The Shirelles
5. Tell Him - The Exciters
6. He's Sure the Boy I Love - The Crystals
7. Mr.Sandman - The Chordettes
8. Come and Get These Memories - Martha and the Vandellas
9. Too Many Fish in the Sea - The Marvelettes
10. Teach Me Tonight - The DeCastro Sisters
11. Waterfalls - TLC
12. You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes
13. Give Him a Great Big Kiss - The Shangri-Las
14. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles
15. It's the Girl - The Boswell Sisters
My intuition tells me that the majority of you will be most familiar with TLC's Waterfalls, hence the post being geared towards that. However, there are a lot of great tracks that got a makeover, so check out "teaser" length previews off those on Bette's YouTube.