The OfficialCharts.com have released their list of the top ten biggest selling female singles of the United Kingdom. Having compiled the official UK Charts for just under 60 years, no one else is better placed to give us a reliable run down, figures included, of the impressive accolade.
Take a look at the list below:
- MADONNA: Into The Groove (17.8m)
- RIHANNA: We Found Love (11.4m)
- KYLIE MINOGUE :Can't Get You Out Of My Head (10.2m)
- WHITNEY HOUSTON: I Will Always Love You (8.5m)
- LADY GAGA: Poker Face (7.329m)
- BRITNEY SPEARS:Baby One More Time (7.324m)
- BEYONCE:If I Were A Boy (6.9m)
- CELINE DION:My Heart Will Go On (6.7m)
- MARIAH CAREY:All I want For Christmas (6.62m)
- OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN: You're The One That I Want(6.61m)
There are a few shocks on the list. Rihanna at number 2 with last years monster track We Found Love is crazy considering how it amassed such huge numbers in such a short space of time. Also a surprise, for me, is Beyonce at number 7 with the soppy, If I were A Boy. I don't even recall that being particularly massive, especially compared to Crazy In Love and Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It).
Put perhaps most astonishingly is not one singer from the United Kingdom has made the list. No Annie Lennox, no Sade, no Adele!
Any surprises, or thoughts on the list, Devotees?